Amitie, as she appears in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.
|Other Names|| 亞米緹 (Yàmǐtí)|
|First appearance||Puyo Puyo Fever|
|Latest appearance||Puyo Puyo Tetris 2|
Unconfirmed(Puyo Puyo Fever)
Christine Marie Cabanos (Puyo Puyo Tetris and Puyo Puyo Champions)
|Puyo Puyo!! Quest information|
Amitie is a cheerful, female citizen of Primp Town. She hopes to someday become a "wonderful magic user." She appears to be naive, as she is often immature, and sometimes does not understand simple jokes or puns. Amitie is the main protagonist of the second course in Puyo Puyo Fever, and is generally accepted as the main protagonist in the Fever series (replacing the previous protagonist of Classic Puyo Puyo, Arle.)
- 1 Biography
- 2 History
- 2.1 Puyo Puyo Fever
- 2.2 Puyo Puyo Fever 2
- 2.3 Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary
- 2.4 Puyo Puyo 7
- 2.5 Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary
- 2.6 Puyo Puyo!! Quest
- 2.7 Puyo Puyo!! Quest Arcade
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Character profiles
- 6 Character specific mechanics
- 7 Chants
- 8 Gallery
Amitie's most iconic feature is her red Puyo hat. While she is sometimes seen hat-less, she is almost always never without it. The hat's design underwent changes, but they all have the face of a Puyo. Under her hat, her hair is feathered and blonde, and she has green eyes. Hearts are a prominent feature in her design.
In Puyo Puyo Fever, the red Puyo hat has wings, and wore a blue sleeveless turtleneck shirt with a heart, a belt, yellow shorts decorated with hearts, a green bracelet on her right arm, and red platform shoes with folded cuffs and yellow laces. The hat is known to show some expression. Her original outfit also appeared in the mobile game Puyo Puyo Zurashi and the Mobile version of Puyo Puyo Fever.
In Puyo Puyo Fever 2 her clothing slightly changed: yellow sleeves were added to her shirt, the eyes on her red Puyo hat were made bigger, her belt is now a fannypack with a heart buckle, and wore red sneakers with purple socks. Her second outfit also appeared in the mobile game Puyo Puyo Fever Habanero and Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary.
In Puyo Puyo 7, she changed her clothes to the black blazer, tie and skirt, the uniform of Suzuran Junior High. However, her tie is red. Her socks were made light blue and calf-high with a single stripe, and her hat is now in the form of a beanie. Her bracelet is now worn on her left wrist instead.
Her outfit in Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary changes into an outfit comprised of elements from her original design and Fever 2. Her shirt is sleeveless again, except this time it is a pink and blue hoodie with a flower/clover clip. Her belt is similar to her Fever appearance, and wears the shoes and socks from Fever 2. Her Puyo hat maintains the beanie-shape from Puyo Puyo 7 and is exhibited to be more expressive.
Her outfit in Puyo Puyo Tetris is the same as in Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary, but her shirt now has two flower/clover buttons, and her red shoes from Puyo Puyo Fever 2 have higher ankles, giving it a boot-like appearance. The hat also is a little droopy now and pulled back.
Amitie is a bright, happy, and extroverted young magician, not to mention incredibly friendly given her namesake. She's friendly to the point of naivety, tending to misunderstand important jokes or let vital points of information get past her, but she has a pure heart. She is shown to be ambitious, wanting to become a wonderful sorceress, though she lacks skill in magic. At times, she has moments where she feels like a liability due to her incompetence, but is willing to put her mind into overcoming her weakness. In spite of her childishness, she is sometimes able to recognize possibly dangerous situations, and has suspicions about characters such as Lemres and Risukuma, finding them slightly unnerving or even scary.
Amitie easily befriends others but can be a little lacking in her social skills due to her energeticness, which in turn leads to her being a bit clumsy.
Amitie draws parallels with fellow protagonist Arle, in that she, too, also casts elemental magic in the form of Flame, Blizzard, and Lightning Bolt. Her spells Fairy Fair and Accelerate/Accel parallel Arle's Heaven Ray and Diacute respectively and she shares the spell Bayoeen with her. As Arle's presence became more prominent, Amitie's spells began to diverge, using spells such as Blast Beat or Cyclowhirl in place of Blizzard, and Ekrixis or Aktina in place of Lightning Bolt.
|A move that apparently boost the speed at which
Amitie casts spells. For Puyo matches, it's her equivalent to
|All appearances of Amitie,
if Red Amitie is counted
Unnamed in English Tetris
|A flame-based attack that allows her to shoot
fireballs. Corresponds to Arle's Fireball.
|All appearances of Amitie||Fire|
|An ice-based attack that summons ice shards
to assault the foe. Corresponds to Arle's
|Fever 1 and 2||Ice|
|An electricity-based attack that casts a giant
lightning bolt around her. Corresponds to
|It is unknown if Amitie's version of the move
is similar or distinct to Arle's.
Always involves flowers.
|All appearances of Amitie,
except Quest and Champions
Unnamed in English Fever
|An explosive based attack that generates an
explosion at Amitie's palms. Replaces Arle's Mind Blast.
|Fever 2, 15th, 7
|An attack with an uncertain element, possibly wind.||15th and 7||Wind(?)|
|A barrier attack that allows Amitie
to reflect projectiles, presumably.
|Unnamed in 15th, 20th to
Chronicle (Right back at you!/お返しだよ！)
Unused in 15th
|A wind-based attack that generates a gale at
Amitie's fingertips. Reminiscent of Arle's Wind.
In Puyo Puyo Tetris, it shares the motion with Tempest.
|20th, Tetris, Chronicle, Tetris 2||Wind|
|A wind based attack that is more powerful
than Cyclone, but needs two hands. While reminiscent
of Arle's Tornado, it corresponds to
Arle's Judgment moreso.
|Amitie's signature move. A pillar of light
that sends Amitie high into the sky. Played up as
Amitie's counterpart to Bayoen, but is
more directly similar to Arle's Heaven's Ray.
In Puyo Puyo Tetris, it shares the motion with Tempest.
|All appearances of Amitie||Amitie's Personal|
|A magical spell with no known feats.
Amitie's 9 chain attack in Champions, which
does not animate the move.
- SEGA draws certain parallels between Arle and Amitie, including shared animation-sets and similar moves in Puyo Puyo Fever and similarities between poses of animations in Puyo Puyo 7.
- Amitie's generally naive attitude regularly tests Ess' very limited patience. The two, however, do have moments of mutual understanding, and can work fairly well together, such as in their 'ladylike battle' in Chapter 3, and when the group are trying to find a solution to Ex's problem in Chapter 7.
- Amitie and Ringo seem to be close in the games and novels and can usually be seen together.
- Klug is Amitie's classmate. Klug often pokes fun at her for her study habits and childish attitude, but Amitie holds no negative feelings towards him and views him as a friend.
- Ms. Accord
- Despite Accord frequently withholding information from her, Amitie shows trust and respect for Accord as an authority figure.
- Raffina usually says disdainful comments to or about Amitie because of her own pride. Amitie, however, seems to respond to her attitude with kindness. It is assumed that this is due to her childlike, kind nature. In Puyo Puyo Tetris, Amitie expresses her concern for Raffina due to her strange behavior caused by the impending Puyo Puyo and Tetris worlds merge. After battling her and returning her back to normal however, she blatantly expresses that she has "mildly tolerable unpleasantness", indicating that Amitie may be aware of Raffina's unpleasant approach to her.
- Sig is one of Amitie's closest friends from Primp Town. Amitie is very supportive of Sig, helping him if she feels something is bothering him. In the novel Sig's Secret, she is very surprised when Sig unexpectedly quits the preparations for the cafe. In Puyo Puyo Tetris, Amitie brings up a memory of Sig to battle, and mentions that she's always wanted to tell him something. The memory-Sig interrupts her, saying that she should tell the real Sig. In Schezo's DLC chapter Amitie confronts the dark mage, who is looking to take Sig's left hand. She attempts to block Schezo's progress, saying that Sig asked her to protect him.
- The red Puyo hat
- Amitie's red Puyo hat is said to have special powers and has led her several times to speculate about her purpose. The speculation has been pushed aside after Puyo Puyo Fever 2, but its significance has been brought to attention several times. It becomes a plot point in her story in 20th, and is briefly discussed in Puyo Puyo Tetris, when each of the three protagonists must battle someone from their memory. Amitie's opponent is Sig, and she mentions that recently when she looks at him, her red hat reacts. The exact details are left unknown because the Sig in her memory tells her that she should tell that to the real Sig.
When Accord announces that she will give an award to the one who finds her "lost" flying cane, Amitie sets out to find it. Amitie faces several foes on the way. At the end of her course, she finds Popoi in possesion of Accord's flying cane. After beating him at a match of Puyo Puyo, Accord congratulates her for finding her flying cane. However, by Amitie's kind request, she does not receive any reward.
In the WakuWaku Course, she is told by Accord that there is a special guest coming to Primp Magic School, and is asked by Accord to meet up with him. However, because Accord neglected to tell her who the guest was, she ends up beating up Lemres, the special guest.
In the HaraHara Course, Amitie runs into Klug, who was collecting the three items to unleash his true power. After defeating Klug at a match of Puyo Puyo, he challenges Amitie to fight him in his unleashed form.
Amitie is one of the 22 playable characters in the game. Her wish in the end was to become a wonderful magic user, but the medal believed she was wonderful enough in magic.
In Puyo Puyo 7, a space warp floods the school of Ringo with Puyos, as well as teleport many characters from their world, including Amitie. At the begining of Act 2, Ringo runs into Amitie, who apparently has amnesia. Beating her at a match of Puyo Puyo causes her memory to return. Later, in Act 3, the two team up to challenge seven people at the Seven Wonders of the World in order to stop the space warp. At the end of the game, Amitie, Ringo, and Arle team up to defeat Ecolo.
Amitie is one of the 24 playable characters in the game. This path is unlocked after completing Ringo's path.
Amitie's story in Puyo Puyo! 20th Anniversary. It begins with a strange dream in which someone is calling her name. Her opponents are:
Amitie's first opponent is Ms. Accord. Amitie awakens in the middle of supplementary lessons to Ms. Accord, who punishes her by giving her a pop Puyo match exam. Afterwards, Amitie notes that she's had trouble focusing in class and supplementary lessons because of mysterious dreams regarding her red Puyo hat. After hearing this, Ms. Accord ends supplementary lessons early and leaves mysteriously.
Amitie's second opponent is Raffina, who came to find Ms. Accord to check her "Original Beauty Menu". Amitie tells her that Ms. Accord left after hearing about her mysterious red puyo hat, and asks if Raffina knows anything. Raffina says that it doesn't concern her, and asks Amitie to check over her Menu in Accord's place. When Amitie doesn't know how to react, Raffina challenges her to a puyo battle. Afterwards, Raffina wants to have a rematch, but Amitie excuses herself to search for information about her red puyo hat, despite Raffina's protests that it's unfair to leave right after winning.
Amitie's third opponent is Lidelle, who asks what Amitie is doing. Amitie, who had just been contemplating about eating her hat, tells Lidelle that she doesn't know when she received this hat, or why she always wears it. Lidelle comments that the hat is lucky to always be with Amitie all the time, and Amitie reassures her that they're always together as friends too. Happy, Lidelle asks Amitie for a friendly puyo battle. Afterwards, Lidelle suggests that Amitie continues to ask people for information on her hat because someone else may know something.
Amitie's fourth opponent is Sig. After spotting Sig, Amitie tries to ask if he knows anything about her red puyo hat, but Sig mistakes it for talking about bugs. He continually refuses to give up his rhinoceros beetle, despite Amitie's insistence that she has no need for it. Sig gets upset thinking she wants his beetle, and claims "It's not yours." After a puyo battle, Amitie finally gets him on the right topic, only to hear that Sig knows nothing. Taking his suggestion that he might know something about a bookworm person, Amitie follows Sig.
Amitie's fifth opponent is Klug. Amitie discovers that the "bookworm" Sig was talking about is Klug. She asks Klug if he knows anything about her red puyo hat, but Klug says he won't tell someone who isn't of a similar status as himself. After Amitie beats him in a puyo match, he states that the hat must be from far away because he doesn't know anything about it, and if he doesn't know anything about it then no one around here could know anything about it. Amitie realizes that this means he knows nothing about the hat, and calls him out on it.
Amitie's sixth opponent is Arle, who she encounters in the fields. Since Arle came from far away, Amitie asks her if she knows anything about this red puyo hat. Arle says she doesn't, but she can guide Amitie to Witch, who is knowledgable about magic. But they have to have a friendly puyo match first, of course.
Amitie's seventh opponent is Witch. Witch offers to take a look at Amitie's hat, but Amitie finds that she cannot take it off. Annoyed because she needs to hold the item to find out more about it, Witch tries to pull Amitie's hat off her head, causing Amitie to yelp in pain, which triggers a puyo battle. Afterwards Amitie apologizes to Witch, and nothing about the hat is discovered.
Amitie's eighth and final opponent is once again Ms. Accord. Amitie says that Ms. Accord must know something since she left after hearing about Amitie's hat back at the classroom, and wants to know why the hat cannot be taken off. Ms. Accord promises to teach Amitie the hat's secret if she can beat Ms. Accord in a puyo match. Afterwards, Ms. Accord simply says that the hat suits Amitie better than anyone else in Primp Town. Then, in response to Amitie's various questions, Ms. Accord repeats "You're imagining it" over and over. Eventually, Amitie believes her, and returns to school, leaving the mysteries unsolved.
Ms. Accord laughs mysteriously and says to Amitie's back, "Please take care of your wonderful hat from now on, as well".
Other Characters' Stories
Amitie finds a lost Ringo and helps her search for Maguro and Risukuma. Amitie is Ringo's third opponent.
- For this character's stats in Puyo Puyo!! Quest, see PPQ:Amitie, PPQ:Sweet Amitie, and PPQ:Stylish Amitie.
Amitie is available as a red card in this game. She is in the same series with Sig, Lidelle, Raffina and Klug, having similarly distributed skills and stats. Notably, she is one of the three starter card choices available during the tutorial, alongside Sig and Rider.
In the collaboration event with Sweets Paradise, Amitie receives a redesigned alt named Sweet Amitie, donning dessert-themed outfits.
Amitie is available as a playable character in this game. She is a Defense Type character.
- Her birthday of May 5th is Japanese national holiday Children's Day, chosen perhaps to reflect her childish personality.
- The French word for "friendship" is amitié with an accent acute on the final E, meaning that the word roughly rhymes with "yeah". The original Japanese pronunciation of amitī is similar to a mixture of the first half of the French word amitié and the second half of the English name "Amity".
- Her talent is stacking Puyo on her head.
- She dislikes mushrooms.
- Alternate voice notes:
- In Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary, her voice becomes lower-pitched, like Arle, Schezo, Maguro and Ecolo in same game.
- In Puyo Puyo Tetris, she has an atmosphere with heart mark attached to the end, and her voice becomes lower-pitched.
- In the English version, she speaks at a lower-pitch and sometimes trills her "Rs" and loses sloppy words, closer to a British-type voice. This could be a reference to her "Lady-like" voice in Act 3-4 of Adventure mode.
- In Puyo Puyo Chronicle, the voice pitch is almost the same as normal, but it sounds more spoiled.
- In Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, her voice becomes childlike, reminiscent of her Mini Puyo Fever voice from Puyo Puyo 7, but with a softer tone. She shares this motif with her fellow magic school students Sig, Klug, Raffina and Lidelle.
- In the English version, she speaks with a serious tone, akin to Arle and Raffina in the original Puyo Puyo Tetris.
- Puyo Puyo Fever
- Puyo Puyo Fever 2
- Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary
- Puyo Puyo 7
- Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Puyo Puyo Chronicle
- Puyo Puyo eSports
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
- Puyo Puyo Fever Habanero
- Puyo Puyo!! Quest
- Puyo Puyo!! Quest Arcade
- Puyo Puyo Fever Rhythm
- Puyo Puyo!! Touch
See the respective PPQ-namespace card pages of Amitie for the character's in-game description in Puyo Puyo!! Quest.
Character specific mechanics
Character type: Strongly Balanced! (Fever)
Ice Blocks Nuisance Pattern
Due to the large number of chants for Amitie, the full list is moved to a separate page. See Amitie/Chants.
Due to the large number of images for Amitie, the gallery is moved to a separate page. See Amitie/Gallery.