Sukiyapodes, as he appears in Puyo Puyo Tsu
|Other Names||Sciapod (Translation)|
Small Foot ('92EN)
|First appearance||Madou Monogatari 3|
|Latest appearance||Puyo Puyo Box|
|Japanese||Yuko Mizutani (Puyo Puyo CD)|
Noriko Hidaka (Puyo Puyo CD Tsu)
|English||??? (Puyo Puyo)|
Sukiya Podes is a foot monster alternatively known as a monopod or sciapod. He looks small and babyish but seems to have a short temper. When he is winning, his eyes sparkle in a cute fashion.
Madou Monogatari series
Sukiyapodes debuted in Madou Monogatari 3 as a basic enemy. He has the ability to clone himself. In the PC-98 version he is nude and has longer, tentacle-like arms. In Madou Monogatari: Hanamaru Dai Youchienji, he appears as the game's first boss, where he is a guardian, but he appears to be acting strangely. Arle then meets him, but Arle is grossed out by his foot, angering him. He then attacks, but is defeated. He also appears guarding the Dark Orb.
Sukiyapodes is the third Scenario mode opponent. Arle calls him a giant foot, which angers him. He prepares to use his "Sanjyuumon Kick" against Arle, but she tells him to settle it in a Puyo match.
In the English version, he is known as Small Foot. He claims that all others tremble before him in fear; Silvana boasts that she fears no one.
Sukiyapodes resides on the first floor. He performs a flying kick from off-screen, knocking Arle unconscious.
- In Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Kirby's Avalanche, and Qwirks, Humpty, Kabu, and Gloth use his AI strategy, respectively.
- In the first Puyo Puyo, he is named "Sukiyapotes." This was likely a romanization error on Compile's part, as the Japanese kana for "t" sounds and "d" sounds are nearly identical.
- Likewise, his preview window label is POTE in the first game and PODE in subsequent games.
- In his PC-Engine cutscene, Sailor Moon is referenced. Coincidentally, Puyo Puyo!! Quest would later collab with Sailor Moon, technically making it the closest thing to Sukiyapodes being present in the game.
- Sukiya Podes is one of the few characters present in a mainline Compile Puyo game to be absent from Puyo Puyo!! Quest. The others include Zombie, Mini Zombie, Nomi, Dragon, and Choppun.
- Madou Monogatari 3
- Madou Monogatari A
- Madou Monogatari: Hanamaru Dai Youchienji
- Madou Monogatari (Saturn)
Puyo Puyo Tsu / Puyo Puyo Box