Tee, as he appears in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.
|Other Names||T (internal name within game files)|
|First appearance||Puyo Puyo Tetris|
|Latest appearance||Puyo Puyo Tetris 2|
|Puyo Puyo!! Quest information|
Tee is the main protagonist (Tetris side only) of Puyo Puyo Tetris and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. He is a young man who serves as the captain of the Starship Tetra along with his partner O. He's mindful of his manners, but as a side effect he tends to be stoic towards others. He is based on the T Tetrimino.
- 1 Biography
- 2 History
- 3 Character profiles
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Appearances
- 6 Character-specific attributes
- 7 Chants
- 8 Gallery
Ringo states he wears 'tight fitting clothes'. He has a white colored vest with purple stripes and 3 buttons. He wears large boots and his hair is short and hung down. Tee also carries a disc-like weapon that he uses in battle.
Tee is a level-headed and stoic young man, though he appears to be rather self-conscious of how mellow he is when it's pointed out. He isn't afraid to speak his mind or take charge when the situation calls for it, but he is occasionally confused by zany situations and the eccentric personalities of Ringo and her friends.
As the captain of the S.S. Tetra, Tee is able to command the ship and use it to navigate to different locations in space. In battles, his animations show him charging his disc and using it as a throwing weapon against his opponents.
- As the chief engineer of the S.S. Tetra, Ai and Tee work together to make sure the ship is in working condition. Ai admires Tee and sees him as a competent captain. In Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Ai mentions that he had been working on a communication device to use if Tee ever needs to go far away, such as to the edge of space-time.
- Ess is the first mate of the S.S. Tetra and as such, is Tee's second in command and in charge of the rest of the crew when Tee isn't around. While she is occasionally irritated with Tee's boring personality and lack of style, Tee relies on her and sees her as a reliable and competent crewmate.
- Ex was the previous Tetris King and S.S. Tetra's previous captain, he was the person who was listening in to Tee's captain's reports prior to and during the events of Puyo Puyo Tetris. While Tee had forgotten Ex, he feels saddened by Ex's isolation at the edge of spacetime and wishes to take his place, but is stopped by both Ringo, Ex, as well as Satan and Ecolo's intervention before he commits to a lifetime of solitude.
- During the events of Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Tee is shown to be aware of Ex's existence, likely because of the portal created between the edge of spacetime and the S.S. Tetra created by Satan and Ecolo during the merging of the first worlds. He and Ex communicate more closely with one another and Ex seems to have a mentor-like relationship with Tee.
- Jay & Elle
- As the youngest members of the crew, Tee is often tasked with getting the twins to behave or to stop pestering Ai. The two twins act rather disrespectful to Tee as they do to everyone, but they do respect him enough to help Ess locate his whereabouts when he is taken by Ex in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.
- O is Tee's most trusted partner and is the one who records and transmits his captain's reports to Ex.
- Tee and Ringo met during the events of Puyo Puyo Tetris and the two are close friends. The two care about each other greatly, as seen by Ringo intervening when Tee attempts to take Ex's place as the Guardian of Space-time during Puyo Puyo Tetris. When the worlds separate, they say their goodbyes and promise to remember each other, though the worlds separating means that their memories of one another would be erased anyway.
- During Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Tee feels like he had met Ringo somewhere before. They learned later on from Marle that their bond was still connecting the worlds in spite of their memories being erased and in spite of being separated from each other.
- Zed maintains the health of the crewmembers, and this extends to Tee as well.
Puyo Puyo Tetris
His first appearance is in Chapter 1. He requests for O's latest status update on the Starship Tetra, at first everything being reported as normal. However, the spaceship suddenly starts to malfunction, accidentally warping Arle, Carbuncle, Amitie, and Ringo into the ship. He soon encounters Ringo, teaches her about how Tetris is played, and helps her find the others while at the same time Tee reassuring the other members of the ship Ess, Ai, Jay & Elle, and Zed that Ringo and her friends are not threats. However, the ship starts to malfunction again due the sudden appearances of Puyos. Despite this and other effects, it fails and the ship crashes onto Earth.
Later chapters he would be an ally that helps Ringo, her friends, and the other Tetra members in an effort to repair the ship and for Tee and his crew members to return home.
As a playable character, unlike the other characters that debuted in Puyo Puyo Tetris, he doesn't recycle dropsets or AI when playing Puyo Puyo from the characters that lost their playable status from Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
Tee's first appearance in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is Chapter 1. Apparently he had been summoned to Ringo's world by the Keeper Of Dimensions to investigate a strange phenomenon that is attempting to merge the Puyo Puyo and Tetris dimensions.
See the respective PPQ-namespace card pages of Tee for the character's in-game description in Puyo Puyo!! Quest.
|"The Tetris King. As the Captain of the Starship Tetra, he commands a very diverse crew!"|
- He is based on the T-shaped Tetrimino.
- His association with a chakram-like disc and spinning is a reference to a Tetris technique called the T-Spin.
- Alternate Voice notes:
- In Puyo Puyo Tetris, he has a high-pitched, childlike voice.
- In the English version, his voice becomes a softer tone, and sounds closer to a younger version of himself.
- In Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, his voice is deeper, and he adopts a more serious tone, similarly to Ally's alternate voice in Puyo Puyo Chronicle.
- In the English version, he has a Brooklyn accent, and adopts a slight falsetto.
- In Puyo Puyo Tetris, he has a high-pitched, childlike voice.
- Tee is the only final boss in the series to not be part of Boss!? Combination in Quest.
Identical to that of Ringo.
Puyo Puyo Tetris/Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
In the Japanese version of Puyo Puyo Tetris, the fifth spell of every Tetris characters (except O) include their names. If letters are italic, then this is the case.
Tetris handles chain voices differently from Puyo Puyo. Which voice clip is played when performing combos or T-Spin line clears (or animation in case of Tetrises) is based on how many Garbage Blocks are sent by a line clear; for instance, the first spell is played when an attack sends 1 line, the second is played when an attack sends 2 lines, and so on, hence why Back-to-Back affects which voice clip/animation is played, as well as performing combo in Skill Battle handles chain voices differently from Versus. The only exceptions are a single combo playing the second chain voice clip, Tetrises having a unique line, and in Big Bang (as well as during Chance Time in Skill Battle) and Fusion, which each use a unique voice pattern. When using Tetris against Puyo Puyo, which voice clip is used is based on how much that line clear would do when battling Tetris, hence why the 4th spell plays when clearing a T-spin Double, when it only sends 3 lines versus Puyo.
- Player Chain
|Chain 3||いくぜ||Iku ze!||Here I go!||Let's do it!|
ふんぬーっ (T2 Alt. Voice)
|Repeater||覚悟しろ||Kakugo shiro!||Prepare yourself!|
|Counter||Tスピンリフレクション||Tii Supin Rifurekushon||(T-Spin) Reflection|
|Spell 2||スピニング||Supiningu||Spinning||Spin Attack|
|Spell 5||Tスピンバースト||Tii Supin Baasuto||(T-Spin) Burst|
|Tetris Line Clear||テトリス||Tetorisu!||Tetris!|
- Enemy Attack
くっ... (T2 Alt. Voice)
Meep! (T1 English Alt. Voice)
Uuh! (T2 ENG Alt. Voice)
- Match Start and Result
|Character Select||オレが相手だ||Ore-ga aite da.||You're facing me!|
My time to shine! (T1 localization)
オレはもっと強くなる (T1 Alt. Voice)
|Chousen nara itsu-demo ukeru yo.
Ore-wa motto tsuyoku naru.
|I'm always open to challenge.
I'll become even stronger.
|I never back down!|
|Lose||次は負けない…||Tsugi-wa makenai...||I won't lose next time...||I'll do better next time...|
- Big Bang/Endless Fever
|Entered||決まった||Kimatta.||I made it.||Got it!|
|Succeed||いい感じだ||Ii kanji da.||It's going well.||Excellent!|
|Failed||次こそは…||Tsugi koso-wa...||Next time will be...||Next time...|
|Big Bang||決まれ！||Kimare!||Let it be decisive!||Let's finish it!|
|Severe Attack||てやぁっ！||Teya!||Hi-yah!||There you go.|
|Win||やったぞ！||Yatta zo!||Did it!|
|Severe Damage||難しいな…||Muzukashii na...||It's going to be difficult...||Status report!|
|Lose||ウソだろ！？||Uso daro!?||It can't be!||I'll be back!|
|Puyo Puyo dana!
|Puyo Puyo, engage!|
|Swap while in disadvantage||ふぅ～危ない||Fuu, abunai.||Whew, dangerous.||Close call.|
|Offensive item||くらえ！||Kurae!||Take this!||Fire!|
|Getting multiple items at once||まとめてどうだ！||Matomete dou da!||How do you like this pile!||Heheheh...|
まだだ (T2 Alt. Voice)
|Akiramenai.||I won't give up.
It's not over yet.
|I got it this time!|
オレは王者になるんだ (T1 Alt. Voice)
|Kore-ga ouja-no chikara da.
Ore-wa ouja-ni naru n da.
|This is the power of the king.
I'm going to be the king.
|I'm the Tetris King!|
|Be a Runner-Up||次こそは勝利を手にする||Tsugi koso-wa shouri-o te-ni suru.||I'll win next time!|
足りなかったか... (T2 Alt. Voice)
|Ku, kuyashii...||Mortifying...||Tch, how embarrassing.|
|Mix Chain||ミックス連鎖！||Mikkusu Rensa!||Mix Chain!|
|Tetris Plus||テトリスプラス！||Tetorisu Purasu!||Tetris Plus!|
|Chaining by a Tetrimino crushing Puyo||ラッキーだ||Rakkii da.||Lucky.|
- Skill Battle
|Sharpshooter||これならどうだ？||Kore nara dou da?||How about this?|
|Crestfall||協力する||Kyourokusuru.||I'll assist you.|
|Terraformer||決めてやれ！||Kimete yare!||Let's finish this!|
|Unused||力を君に||Chikara wo kimi ni.||I'll give you my power.||I'll back you up.|
- System Startup
|Boot Up 1||セガ!||Sega!|
|Boot Up 2||テトリス！||Tetorisu!||Tetris!|
|Title Screen|| ぷよぷよテトリス！
| Puyo Puyo Tetorisu！
Puyo Puyo Tetorisu 2!
| Puyo Puyo Tetris！|
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2!
- Online Greetings
|よろしくな||Yoroshiku na||Nice to meet you.||How's it going?|
|挑戦を受けよう||Chōsen o ukeyou.||I accept your challenge!|
|さあ、 はじめるぞ||Saa, hajimeru zo.||Let's get started!||It's launch time!|
|楽しい勝負にしよう||Tanoshī shōbu ni shiyou!||Let's make this a fun battle!|
|王者の力を見せてやる||Ōja no chikara o misete yaru!||I'll show you the power of the king!||It's good to be the king!|
Quest: [★7] Tee