This is a table showing the presence or absence of characters in each game.
- P = Character is playable in at least one part of the game. For example, Arle Nadja is playable in all of her appearances.
- E = Character is not playable but appears as an enemy in at least one part of the game. For example, Cockatrice is not playable in Puyo Puyo Tsu, but is able to be battled in certain versions.
- In the cases of Puyo Puyo and Puyo Puyo Tsu, where the CD versions of both games has the entire roster playable, the character must be playable in all versions to count as playable.
- For Puyo Puyo Sun and Puyo Puyo~n, Game Boy and Game Boy Color exclusive characters will be marked with an asterisk.
- C = Character appears only as a cameo in the game. For example, Succubus' only appearance in a primary Puyo game is as a cameo.
Sonic Team Games