Popoi, as he appears in Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
|First appearance||Puyo Puyo Fever|
|Latest appearance||Puyo Puyo!! Quest|
|English||Kyle Hebert (Puyo Puyo Tetris)|
|Puyo Puyo!! Quest information|
Popoi is a male black cat who is usually being held by Accord. Accord claims that he is a talking puppet.
Puyo Puyo Fever
He is the final boss of the game, claiming to be the "Prince of Darkness." This, however, may be just an act set up by Accord, as he is "not ready yet" by the time Raffina shows up at the castle.
Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary
In Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary, he runs the shop, where the player can purchase Puyo skins, alternate costumes, voices, and even advice. If you continuously purchase his advice, he will randomly give away Unusual Ecolo or one of the hidden modes ported from 15th Anniversary. In PSP and Wii you can get 4 extra BGM from Puyo Puyo 7, listed as BGM 15-18.
- His birthday of February 22nd is Cat Day in Japan (not to be confused with National Cat Day), the same day as George Washington's, to relate to Accord's birthday, who is the same day as Abraham Lincoln's. It is also double of Akuma's birthday of January 11th, perhaps to signify that Akuma and Popoi rank first and second among whatever species they are.
- Puyo Puyo Fever
- Puyo Puyo Fever 2 (with Accord)
- Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary (with Accord)
- Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary (with Accord and NPC in shop)
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (NPC with Accord)
- Puyo Puyo Chronicles (with Accord)
- Puyo Puyo!! Quest
- Puyo Puyo!! Quest Arcade
- Puyo Puyo!! Touch (NPC with Accord; Unreleased playable version)
Character specific mechanics