Chico, as she appears in Puyo Puyo!! Quest
|First appearance||Puyo Puyo~n|
|Latest appearance||Puyo Puyo!! Quest|
|Japanese||Kyoko Minami (Puyo Puyo~n)|
Sayuri Hara (Puyo Puyo!! Quest)
|Puyo Puyo!! Quest information|
Worship Gown Chico
Chico is a young girl in Puyo Puyo~n. She comes from a lineage of guardians that watch over a forgotten sanctuary. She owns Dragon as a pet, and is always seen carrying a large staff around. In Puyo Puyo~n, she is depicted with claws on her feet, while in Puyo Puyo!! Quest, she is depicted with shoes resembling paws.
Chico is a polite and precocious young girl. As observed in Puyo Puyo~n, she takes her duties very seriously when attempting to ward Arle and her party away from the sanctuary. However, she is also forgetful, forgetting to close the backdoor of the sanctuary, and somewhat childish. In Puyo Puyo!! Quest, she is quite proud of her talent in divination and is eager to complete her training become a fully fledged shrine maiden.
She is the 12th opponent that Arle must face, She is guarding the sanctuary of her family when Arle comes looking for Carbuncle. After being defeated, she guides Arle through the barrier of the sanctuary and helps her find Carbuncle.
She is a mandatory opponent in Pocket Puyo Puyo~n. In Pocket Puyo Puyo~n, Chico offers to divine Carbuncle's location to Arle in exchange for money. After losing, she divines his whereabouts for free.
Puyo Puyo Box
She is an opponent in Scramble mode, always appearing as the Stage 26 opponent in the 30-stage course.
- Chico looks and sounds very similar to Rider, and parallels are often drawn between the two because of this. Klug's incantation was also similar to her magics until Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary, and the two to this day still share the phrase "Give me power!/我に力を！".
- Chico is the only Compile-created character to appear in a Puyo Puyo game, yet not be borrowed from or later used in a Madou Monogatari game.
- Ironically, despite being a girl, her name in Spanish means "boy".
- Puyo Puyo
- Gaia Cube: The Puyo in rows 4-8, along with any attached Puyo, change to the most numerous color on the player's field.
- Pocket Puyo Puyo~n
- 27-Wildcard: All of the player's Nuisance Puyo change into random colors.
- Puyo Puyo Box
- Triple Wave: Three of the player's rows are chosen at random. The Puyo in each chosen row changes into a single random color.
- Player Chain
|2||恩恵の雨||Onkei-no Ame||Rain of benefit|
|3||抱擁の風||Houyou-no Kaze||Wind of embrace|
|4||夢幻の天||Mugen-no Ten||Heaven of Dream|
|5||魅惑の月||Miwaku-no Tsuki||Enchanted Moon|
|6||太古の神よ||Taiko-no Kami-yo||God of antiquity|
|7+||我に力を！||Ware-ni chikara o!||Give me power!|
- Super Attack
|ガイアキューブ||Gaia Kyuubu||Gaia Cube|
- Enemy Attack
|Heavy||じゃましないで～！||Jama shinaide!||Please do not get in my way!|
- Match Start and Result
|Match Start||戦うのですか？||Tatakau-no desu-ka?||Would you like to match with me?|
|Win||えへっ 勝っちゃった！||Ehe, kacchatta!||Hee-hee, I win!|
|Lose||そんなぁ～…||Sonna...||How did this happen...?|
|ガイアヒーリング||Gaia Hiiringu||Gaia Healing|
- Player Chain