Incubus, as he appears in Puyo Puyo!! Quest.
|First appearance||Madou Monogatari|
|Latest appearance||Puyo Puyo!! Quest|
|Japanese||Kotatsu (Puyo Puyo Sun PSX/PC)|
Yasunori Matsumoto (Puyo Puyo~n)
Hisayoshi Suganuma (Puyo Puyo!! Quest)
|Puyo Puyo!! Quest information|
Incubus is a narcissistic demon, who thinks of himself as a ladies man yet always fails to seduce Arle. He likes to pepper his speech with a lot of English. Most of this is love and sexually themed phrases however.
- 1 History
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Character-specific mechanics
- 5 Gallery
Puyo Puyo Tsu
In the Saturn and PlayStation versions of Puyo Puyo Tsu, he appears in the 3rd stage of the lesson mode and the 3rd stage of Rally mode. Amusingly, the game censors out some of his swearing with bleeps and animal noises.
Puyo Puyo Sun
Incubus is more known for his role in Puyo Puyo Sun, where he appears as the 2nd competitor for Arle in her story mode. It his here that he tries to seduce Arle. He also exclaims "Oh shit!" when Arle notices his makeup dripping. He then tells Arle he must kill her for seeing his true face. Presumably, this must apply to anyone whom sees him without his makeup.
Incubus only makes a cameo appearance in Puyo Puyo~n's mission mode.
Minna de Puyo Puyo
Incubus's latest appearance is in Minna de Puyo Puyo, where he tries to seduce Arle once again. This leads to Arle telling him her sign: "Octagon, as in stop." He later appears in the Trial Labyrinth as one of the opponents. You fight him a total of three times.
Puyo Puyo!! Quest
Incubus is available as a purple card, added on January 22 2014. As of now, he is available only from the Mythical Rush guild event. He is in the same series as Jarne, Panotty and Chico, having similarly distributed skills and stats.
- Incubus is named after a species of demons of the same name, whom rape women in their sleep. This may have influenced his narcissistic womanizing personality.
- The female versions of the said demons are called Succubi (singular: Succubus), and an equally fitting connection can be made between that character and the demon.
- Incubus is one of three characters to switch voice actors between the Saturn and N64 ports of Puyo Puyo Sun. The others are Rulue and Skeleton T.
- Incubus has an unused losing sprite in Puyo Puyo~n.
- Incubus has an error in one of his voice clips in Minna de Puyo Puyo. He uses one of his chaining voices when he loses rather then his losing voice clip. As his defeat quote is "Oh my god," some believe that this was a deliberate censoring by Sega of America.
- The losing voice clip is still in the game's data.
Puyo Puyo series
- Puyo Puyo Tsu (Saturn and PlayStation versions only)
- Puyo Puyo Sun
- Puyo Puyo~n
- Puyo Puyo Box
- Minna de Puyo Puyo
- Puyo Puyo!! Quest
Madou Monogatari series
- Pocket Puyo Puyo~n
- 17-Wall Bomb: For a short while, the opponent's garbage will consist of Sun Puyo and wall blocks. They will receive less garbage overall.
- Puyo Puyo Box
- Hard Strike: The opponent receives 6 Hard Puyo.
Madou Monogatari 3 MSX2