Doppelganger Arle, as she appears in Puyo Puyo!! Quest.
|First appearance||Madou Monogatari 123|
|Latest appearance||Puyo Puyo!! Quest|
|Japanese||Reiko Kurusu (Madou Monogatari 123)|
Emi Motoi (Puyo Puyo~n)
Mie Sonozaki (Puyo Puyo!! Quest)
|Puyo Puyo!! Quest information|
Doppelganger Arle is an evil clone of Arle. She plays several roles throughout the Madou Monogatari and Puyo Puyo series, ranging from random enemy to primary antagonist.
- 1 Biography
- 2 History
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Character specific mechanics
- 6 Gallery
Prior to her all-red appearance, she was simply a mirror image of Arle, denoted by her armor being flipped in Madou Monogatari. Doppelganger Arle's clothes clearly mimics Arle, donning the same outfit as her's from Puyo Puyo~n, but red. While she is meant to be a red-colored replica of her, her appearance in subsequent appearances retain her Yon appearance.
As Pierrot, she wears a jester/harlequin outfit, composed of shades of red and black, with a white mask, and white gloves.
Doppelganger Arle is primarily fueled by hatred and jealousy of Arle's existence, having an extreme desire to take her place.
Her spells follow a religious/apocalyptic theme, as they are Chaos, Abyss, Ragnarok, Labyrinth, Eclipse, Grand Cross, and Armageddon.
Doppelganger Arle despises her, wanting to 'erase and replace' her, since she claims to be the real Arle, and is jealous of the attention she receives.
Madou Monogatari series
Doppelganger Arle debuted as a random enemy in the MSX, PC98, and Game Gear versions of Madou Monogatari I. The Mega Drive remake of Madou Monogatari I features a specific Doppelganger Arle named Warle who causes mischief.
In Madou Monogatari 1, she looks almost exactly like Arle. In Madou Monogatari 2 for PC98, her shoulder armor is flipped to the opposite side. Her armor was later recolored red/purple/black in Madou Monogatari I Honoo No Sotsuenji.
Doppelganger Arle is the final boss in this game. She brainwashed Satan and tried to obtain Carbuncle, drawing Arle to the Puyo Circus' tent. Meanwhile, she disguised herself as a clown known as Pierrot.
Doppelganger Arle is one of the final opponents in the 20- and 30-man Scramble mode gauntlets, appearing after Schezo Wegey in both instances. She uses Puyo Puyo rule in the 20-man course and Yon rule in the 30-man course.
Doppelganger Arle is the final opponent in Nazo Puyo: Arle no Roux. However, she does not appear in the remade version of the game featured in Super Nazo Puyo: Rulue no Roux, instead being replaced by Rulue.
Pierrot (★3 and ★4) or Doppelganger Arle (★5) returns as a special grant red card for the occasion of the game's 1st anniversary from April 24 2014, obtainable via inviting friends to join. Although she has the same ID number as Jarne, Panotty, Chico and Incubus in in-game data, her skills and stats are very different.
- Doppelganger Arle's outfit in Puyo Puyo!! Quest did not follow Arle's modern update, but is still based on her Puyo Puyo~n appearance, as seen from stitches on her shirt.
- Doppelganger Arle is the first character card in Puyo Puyo!! Quest to have different names across transformation as of her release. The other being Santa Schezo.
- Madou Monogatari 1-2
- Madou Monogatari I (Mega Drive)
- Madou Monogatari I Honoo No Sotsuenji
- Madou Monogatari: Final Exam
Character specific mechanics
- Puyo Puyo~n
- Void Hole: Nuisance Puyo do not fall into the player's field for 30 seconds.
- Pocket Puyo Puyo~n
- 00-None: No effect. (Pierrot)
- 06-Dark Slash: A random row in the opponent's field is changed to six Iron Puyo. (Doppelganger Arle)
- Puyo Puyo Box
- Hyper Barrier: Nuisance Puyo do not fall into the player's field for 20 seconds.