Accord, as she appears in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.
|Other Names||Ms. Accord|
亞歌老師 (Yàgē lǎoshī)
아코르 선생님 (Akoreu seonsaengnim)
|First appearance||Puyo Puyo Fever|
|Latest appearance||Puyo Puyo Tetris 2|
Unconfirmed(Puyo Puyo Fever)
Unconfirmed(Puyo Puyo Tetris)
|Puyo Puyo!! Quest information|
Accord is a teacher at the Primp Town magic school. Although there is nothing particularly suspicious about Accord during the beginning of Puyo Puyo Fever, later events suggest that Accord is anything but a normal teacher. Perhaps the most confusing event occurs in Puyo Puyo Fever - when you fight against Popoi, placing into question what he is and his real relationship to Accord.
- 1 Biography
- 2 History
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Character profiles
- 6 Character specific mechanics
- 7 Chants
- 8 Gallery
Accord has long, curled light purple curly hair that reaches her waist. Her eyes are perpetually shut and she is never seen with them open, much like Lemres. A small pair of glasses sits on the bridge of her nose. She wears a long, white dress with cyan trim, a frilled ascot, indigo boots, and a round hat decorated with two wings at the front.
Between games her design receives minor changes. In Puyo Puyo Fever, her design gave her an appearance similar to a stereotypical pope, but later games would gradually tone down the similarities by changing her hat and removing the patterns on her dress. Her dress between Puyo Puyo Fever 2 and Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary would have yellow rims vertically, but starting with Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary it would have yellow rims horizontally.
Accord is generally kind and well-mannered, befitting of her job as a school teacher. At the same time, however, she is incredibly mysterious. She withholds information to a suspiciously high degree, not helped with her involvement in Puyo Puyo Fever's plot. She seems to know much more than she says, leaving her actual motives a mystery to all but her.
She's shown some moments of shortsightedness. Such as in Puyo Puyo Fever 2 when she entrusts Amitie to find someone who is going to visit her and deliver some items to the school, but neglects to give Amitie a picture or even the name of the person in question.
Being a teacher, she is quite skilled in magic and quite knowledgeable. Her spells are musical themed in Puyo Puyo Fever, but school-based imagery began to be integrated into her spells following this game. She is also demonstrated to be somewhat physically strong, able to swing a huge mallet to knock out Raffina in Puyo Puyo Fever, and is skilled in throwing chalk.
Accord, being endowed in mystery, holds mysterious relationships with the other characters.
- Amitie is one of Accord's students. Much like the rest of her students, Accord is keen to watch Amitie's magical powers and abilities flourish, but she seems to know more about Amitie's hat than she lets on. In Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary, she tells Amitie that there is nothing suspicious about her hat and she should stop overthinking it.
- Klug is one of Accord's students. Accord is happy that Klug is enthusiastic about his studies, but finds his obnoxiousness and tendency towards dark magic troublesome. She does care about him though, as seen in Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary, she is the one who knocks him out of his drunken stupor caused by Witch's potion.
- Accord and Lemres appear to be friends, as he is delivering some items to her during Puyo Puyo Fever 2 and the two of them have generally positive interactions throughout the games.
In Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary, she also tells Lemres there's no need to be so formal with her, but he insists that he has too much respect for her to be casual around her.
- Seo and Accord are old close friends that met on a case when the former was still doing field work. Accord notes that she often had to remind Seo to eat and take care of herself due to her workaholic nature.
- Lidelle is one of Accord's students, in Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary, she encourages Lidelle to learn more about herself and to discover her weaknesses when Lidelle mentions she isn't confident in making big chains. Accord encourages her to keep practicing, but says that to be a strong magician requires understanding your own limits.
- Popoi is the black cat "puppet" that she almost constantly carries - exception being at the end of Puyo Puyo Fever, where he is seen on his own. It is unclear who or what he is, and how he is related to Accord. In Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary, she and Popoi are confronted by Akuma and questioned about what they are going to wish for. Popoi claims to not know, and says that only Accord would know what she wants to wish for.
- In the English version of Puyo Puyo Fever, she seems angered at Raffina. (Notably, in the original Japanese dialog, she isn't angered at Raffina, but still smashes her in the head with a mallet.) In contrast she compliments her in Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary.
She sees Raffina's ambition and confidence as a positive thing, but thinks her brash personality is a shortcoming according to Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
- Sig is one of Accord's students, he's perhaps one of the students that Accord has shown the most obvious concern over. When he's sent off in Puyo Puyo Fever 2 to find Amitie and give her a picture of Lemres, she wonders if he'll manage alright.
In Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary, she seems to ignore the question of Sig's left hand, instead suggesting that he use his other hand to catch bugs rather than answering why his hand is different.
In Puyo Puyo Fever, Accord loses her flying cane, prompting her to announce that she will award the one who finds it. At the end of HaraHara Course, however, Raffina discoveres that she had never actually lost her flying cane, Raffina promptly being knocked unconscious by Accord herself. At the end of WakuWaku Course, she congratulates Amitie for "finding" her flying cane. By the kind request of Amitie, she refuses to give her the promised reward, leaving Amitie to sulk in self anger.
Accord also is the final opponent of the RunRun Course, where she teaches the player the basic mechanics of the game.
As in Fever, Accord is the final opponent in the RunRun Course of the game. Like the last, she also teaches the player the basics of the game in the RunRun Course.
She is the one who sends Amitie and Sig off at the start of their WakuWaku courses. The former she sends to find Lemres who is visiting Primp to deliver some items, and the latter she sends after Amitie to give her a picture of Lemres, as she neglected to tell Amitie who was visiting.
Accord and Popoi are paired up as one of the 22 playable characters.
Accord is one of the 24 playable characters. Her story mode involves her hearing rumors of a black shadow in Primp Town, so she and Popoi decide to investigate.
Ms. Accord's first opponent is Amitie. Accord runs into Amitie in the Magic School, reminding her that she and Sig are on day duty that day. Accord asks Amitie if she has the journal. Amitie nervously replies that she forgot the journal, saying that she was busy looking for a shadow. When Accord questions Amitie on the shadow, she is hesitant to answer, until Popoi pops in, challenging her to a Puyo battle so she can tell. After this, Amitie confesses that everyone in class has been talking about the shadow, and she herself has spent time looking for it. Accord and Popoi ponder on this, and tell Amitie to find Sig to return the journal.
Ms. Accord's second opponent is Sig. When Sig returns the journal, Accord begins to ask him questions about the black shadow. When Sig spaces out as he is prone to doing, Popoi challenges him to a Puyo battle so he will tell. After this, Sig confesses that he did see the black shadow, noting that it was drooling and floating. He speculates that it might be a rare type of bug. Accord sends Sig to find someone else who might have seen the shadow.
Ms. Accord's third opponent is Lidelle. When Lidelle enters the classroom, Accord calmly asks her if she saw the black shadow. Lidelle nervously states that she didn't see anything, but Popoi is not convinced. He challenges her to a Puyo battle so that she may talk. After this, Lidelle confesses that she did see the black shadow, noting that she couldn't tell what it looked like. She also says that Klug and Raffina are currently out looking for it. Accord sends Lidelle to find Klug for her.
Ms. Accord's fourth opponent is Klug. Klug notes that he is in a hurry and would be happy if he could move along. Accord asks him why he's in such a hurry, and asks if he's hiding something. Klug denies that he's hiding anything, but Popoi is quick to express his suspicion. Accord then challenges him to a Puyo match, saying that if she wins, Klug will have to tell her everything. After this, Klug confesses that he was on his way to the ruins to look for the black shadow, thinking it to be a new type of animal, and declares that he will be famous if he captures it. Klug also states that Raffina is also at the ruins, and is about to take his leave when Accord stops him. She states that as punishment for lying, he must go straight home, much to his dismay.
Ms. Accord's fifth opponent is Raffina. Accord travels to the ruins to find Raffina, who is surprised to see her. As Accord begins to question her, Raffina acts more and more suspicious, culminating in Popoi challenging her to a Puyo battle. After this, Raffina reluctantly confesses that she, too, is on the hunt for the black shadow. She speculates that it is probably a prince from another kingdom hiding from the public. Accord then states that she saw a muscular man in a black cloak wandering around. Raffina hurriedly takes her leave.
Ms. Accord's sixth opponent is Lemres. As Accord muses on the black shadow, Lemres pops in. Popoi is immediately suspicious of Lemres' sudden appearance. Lemres offers him marshmallows, but Popoi refuses. Accord apologizes on his behalf, saying that Popoi is being fussy. After the subsequent Puyo battle, Lemres notes that he and Feli were out looking for the black shadow, but the two got separated during the search. Accord suggests consulting her to learn more about the shadow.
Accord's seventh opponent is Feli. Accord finds Feli some distance away from the ruins. Upon getting her attention, Feli accuses Accord and Popoi of making Lemres disappear. Popoi is quick to deny this, but Feli has none of it, challenging them to a Puyo battle. After this, Accord points Feli in Lemres' direction.
Accord's eighth and final opponent is Ecolo. Accord finally encounters the black shadow, who wonders who she is. Accord introduces herself as the teacher of Primp Magic School, and notes that Ecolo exudes a very unusual aura. Ecolo replies they simply like fun things, and asks for a Puyo battle. After this, the two bid their farewells, but Accord remarks that she needs to keep an eye on him, just in case.
At release, Accord was only seen during tutorial, where she welcomes the player to Pwurp Island, explains the lore and guides the player through gameplay basics. To this day, Accord also sometimes appears at results screen for event quest, summarizing the player's progress.
Accord was added to the game as a blue card not until later. She is available in Magic Stone Gacha in limited periods only. She is in the same series with Strange Klug, Satan, Ecolo and Dark Arle, having similarly distributed skills and stats.
Accord also voices for tutorial videos on the Puyo Puyo!! Quest official site.
Accord is responsible for general coordination around the game, giving voiced instructions, warnings and congratulations.
Accord plays a very minor role in Puyo Puyo Tetris. Having foresaw a need for such, she created 'a training ground' for Ringo, Amitie, Arle, Carbuncle, Tee, Ess and O to 'become stronger' by 'facing their memories'. She reveals this to them, and leads them there, at the end of Chapter 5. A cutscene appearance is also made by Accord in Chapter 10, when Ex is unsure as to why 'nothing has gone his way' in 'his dream'. She leads him to realise that he is still missing a bit of information, and to try to figure it out.
- In the DS and GBA versions of Puyo Puyo Fever, the tutorial music plays as her stage music in the HaraHara course rather than the original battle music. This makes Accord and Popoi the only characters who have their own exclusive themes in Puyo Puyo Fever, excluding the free battle theme that plays for Arle and Carbuncle.
- Alternate voice notes:
- In Puyo Puyo Chronicle, she adopts a slightly higher-pitched voice.
- In Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, her voice sounds more energetic and bears resemblance to Witch's voice.
- In the English version, her voice is drastically deeper, and has a British accent.
- Her birthday along with Popoi's are the same date of Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.
- In Puyo Puyo 7, Puyo Puyo Tetris and Puyo Puyo eSports, she is replaced by Ecolo, Ex and Alex.
- In Puyo Puyo On Stage, Accord's eyes are open and they are blue. This is most likely due to the actress needing to see where she is going.
- Before Accord's official reveal for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, her presence was implied by the game crediting Miwa Kouzuki, Accord's Japanese voice actress, along with several other characters (including Ocean Prince and Sonic the Hedgehog who were added alongside her).
- Puyo Puyo Fever
- Puyo Puyo Fever 2
- Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary
- Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (Cameo)
- Puyo Puyo Chronicle
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (DLC)
See the respective PPQ-namespace card pages of Ms. Accord for the character's in-game description in Puyo Puyo!! Quest.
|"A teacher of Primp Magic School. Though gentle and kind,|
she's known to prepare rather peculiar lesson plans."
Character specific mechanics
Nearly identical to Ex's dropset, with SP Tetrimino being modified.
Ice Blocks Nuisance Pattern
Due to the large number of chants for Accord, the full list is moved to a separate page. See Accord/Chants.
Due to the large number of images for Accord, the gallery is moved to a separate page. See Accord/Gallery.