|First appearance||Madou Monogatari III|
|Latest appearance||Minna de Puyo Puyo|
|Japanese||Nobuyuki Hiyama (Puyo Puyo CD)|
Hiromichi Tezuka (Quest)
|Puyo Puyo!! Quest information|
Minotauros (interchangeably known as Minotaur) is Rulue's intimidating bodyguard; he secretly harbors a crush on her.
- 1 History
- 2 Trivia
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Character-specific mechanics
- 5 Gallery
Madou Monogatari series
Minotauros is the eleventh opponent in Scenario mode. He threatens Arle while dangerously swinging his axe around. Arle asks him to settle it in a Puyo match, an offer which he happily accepts.
In the English version, he is known as Max Minotaur. Aside from the fact that he claims to work for the Dark Prince, the exchange is identical.
Minotauros resides on the penultimate floor. He frightens Arle with his axe swings.
He appears as a non-playable character during the Arle vs. Rulue cutscene. He fans Rulue with a giant leaf and, on Rulue's orders, uses the leaf to blow Arle (and inadvertently Rulue) into the ocean. But he becomes a playable character in the GBC version.
Minotauros cameos in the console version's Mission mode, but becomes a playable character in the GBC version.
In Minna de Puyo Puyo, Minotauros states that he doesn't harbor a personal grudge against Arle, yet he immediately challenges Arle to a Puyo match when she insults Rulue.
Minotauros does not appear in this game, but is mentioned when Arle meets Baldanders.
- In Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche, Dragon Breath and Kracko use his AI strategy.
- Minotauros's inconsistent English name is likely due to the fact that English generally drops the final syllable from the name of the mythological creature while other languages (including Japanese) do not. Draco Centauros has similar name issues.
- Super Nazo Puyo 2
- Waku Waku Puyo Puyo Dungeon
- Puyo Puyo DA!
- Rulue's Spring Break
- Puyo Puyo!! Quest
- Puyo Puyo!! Quest Arcade
- Puyo Puyo!! Touch (Unreleased)
- Pocket Puyo Puyo~n
- 11-Come BIG Puyo: The player receives a Giant Puyo that, upon being placed, squashes everything below it.
- Puyo Puyo Box
- Cut: Erase everything above the player's bottom four rows.
Other Puyo Puyo spinoffs
Madou Monogatari 3 MSX2