Madou Monogatari (i-Mode)
Title screen of Madou Monogatari
Madou Monogatari (魔導物語) is a first-person dungeon-crawler developed by AIKY that released on December 14, 2005 for Japanese mobile phones via the i-mode service. This title was only available for six months before it became unavailable in June 2006, making it one of the most elusive entries in the series. It is the last Madou Monogatari game to feature the original cast created by Compile.
Arle sets off to explore a newly discovered dungeon while dieting.
Unlike Madou Monogatari (Saturn), Madou Monogatari returns to the classic first-person dungeon crawling style. A new spell, Stone, is introduced that attacks enemies with falling stones, and after clearing the game you'll be presented with a report card that changes depending on the amount of steps Arle takes, the amount of damage done to enemies, and the number of times that curry is eaten.
Enemies and Bosses
- Puyo Puyo (green)/Green Puyo
- Skeleton T
- Uroko Sakana Bito
- Draco Centauros
- Living Doll
- Zoh Daimaoh
- Schezo Wegey
- This game was the first Madou Monogatari title to be developed after Sega had fully obtained the rights to the Puyo Puyo series (second being Sei Madou Monogatari) and is the only one to feature the original Madou cast.
- While Arle and the other character sprites are entirely new, the game's visuals appear to be based on Madou Monogatari: Chaotic Final Exam
- This game is the only Madou Monogatari title in which no voice clips are present.
- The sprites for the Puyos in this game appear to be based on their design in Puyo Puyo Fever.