List of Puyo skins
For the actual, different variants of Puyo that have their own set effects, see Types of Puyo.
Puyo skin, also known as Puyo Type (ぷよのしゅるい), Puyo Design (ぷよデサイン) or MyPuyo (マイぷよ) depending on the game, is the design of Puyos in the field. This page contains a list of Puyo skins in Puyo Puyo games. Puyo Puyo (1991), Puyo Puyo SUN and Puyo Puyo Fever 2 onwards allow the player to change the design of the Puyo to any of the following preset types, including Puyo Puyo!! Quest.
This list also includes skins that have not been made formally available in official Puyo games where the Puyo skins are toggleable.
For further information on the Puyo Designs in Puyo Puyo!! Quest, see PPQ:Puyo Design.
This list is under construction.
- Red Puyo from the older games have a beanish shape. As time went on, it was phased out in favor of them having the same spherical look as the Green Puyo. They are typically angry.
- Blue Puyo have a tail at the bottom, but are otherwise circular. They are often depressed.
- Green Puyo are perfect circles that have a neutral expression.
- Yellow Puyo have points at the top of their circular heads. They are often cheerful.
- Purple Puyo are slanted in an oval form, though sometimes they are depicted as circles. Their eyes can be interpreted as shifty, annoyed, or perhaps simply bored.
- Nuisance Puyo resemble hollow, gray versions of green Puyo.
- Hard Puyo are square shaped, with similar eyes to Nuisance/Green Puyo.
- Sun Puyo are orange, though they gradually change to a bright yellow in their animations.