How to Play Puyo Puyo
NOTE: These guides are a work in progress. Please post any fixes or suggestions in the forum topic: http://puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2428
Welcome to our site's Puyo Puyo Guides, written by S2PID. Special thanks to Tangerine, Ash, shoesama, Hernan, and Keiji for providing Puyo terminology, techniques, and videos. Also special thanks to ojama_fr and BLueBLue for providing me with motivation （ ◜◡◝）.
Part 1: Familiarizing Yourself with the Game
New to the game? Read these guides to gain a general understanding of the game.
Part 2: Learning to Chain
Read these guides to learn how to chain more efficiently.
- Patterns 1: Stairs
- Transitions 1: The Second Floor
- Patterns 2: Sandwich
- Transitions 2: Chaining on the Second Floor
- Efficiency 1: Color Decisions
- Patterns and Transitions 3: GTR & More
Part 3: Advanced Techniques
These techniques require a good understanding of the game before you can execute them.
- Efficiency 2: Tailing
- Special Maneuvers and Mechanics
- Garbage Management: Digging and Counters
- Basics of Observation, Harassment, and Strategy
- Situational Analysis: Case Studies - Coming Soon
Additional Info and Links
- Puyo Puyo VS 2 - The main platform that many Japanese, Koreans, and Westerners use to play Puyo.
- Scoring and Chain Power Table - information on how the game calculates damage
- List of Chaining Forms - Comprehensive list of forms
- Japanese Puyo Encyclopedia - If you know Japanese can you translate this website for us?