|All clear bonus||
Outside of fever mode:
Entering fever mode:
In fever mode:
Trap (also known as トラップ, Torappu) is a game mode in Puyo Puyo Fever and Puyo Puyo Fever 2. In the console (and PC) versions of the former, it is exclusive to two player mode. This is one of the few game modes that has not returned for 15th onwards.
The mode plays identically to Fever mode, but with one key difference. Every character has a drastically lowered chaining power in Fever, meaning they are not only not sending as much garbage, but also not offsetting as much. This mode turns the Fever mode into a trap, as they will not be able to handle larger chains from outside of Fever.
This mode can be "played" in later games, and even the Fever games, by reducing the Fever Power to its lowest value. However, the actual Trap mode sets all character chain powers to their minimum in Fever while the Fever Power has a noticeably less powerful impact. For example, a two chain would only remove/send two nuisance in Trap mode while even with the lowest possible Fever Power, it would still send at least an entire row's worth of garbage.
- Very Easy
- The player starts with 3 fever points, and plays with 3 colors. Attack powers are much more powerful.
- The player starts with 1 fever point, and plays with 3 colors. Attack powers are more powerful.
- The player plays with 4 colors. Starting here, they start with 0 fever points.
- Attack powers are weaker. Aside from that, identical to Normal.
- Very Hard
- The player plays with 5 colors. Attack powers are much weaker.