The Card (カード) is the main collectible in Puyo Puyo!! Quest.
Cards can be distinguished into two classes (unofficial collective term):
- Character (キャラクター) - cards representing playable characters to be used in decks
- Material (素材) - cards representing items used to power-up cards via Power-up Fusion or Transformation Fusion. All Material cards can no longer be used in decks following the inventory revamp on 2019/09/25
On the card details pages in this wiki, only Material cards are explicitly specified. All other cards can be assumed to be Character cards.
Despite the name, the rarity (レアリティ) of a card is more fitting representing the "stage of transformation", instead of the difficulty to obtain it. Sometimes it is also known as rank (ランク), especially in announcements on the official site. The rarity of a card can be identified by the card frame, and the card back as it is dropped in quests or obtained in gacha.
The Cost (コスト) of a card represents the limitation in using too many powerful cards in a deck. Cards with higher stats and/or more powerful skills are usually assigned higher cost values, and there is a deck cost cap limiting the total cost of cards used in a deck at any time, especially for players at lower User Ranks.
The Color (ぞくせい／属性, lit. "attribute") of a card determines what color chains the card can attack with. There are five total colors, corresponding with the five colors of Puyos:
- Red (あか／赤)
- Blue (あお／青)
- Green (みどり／緑)
- Yellow (きいろ／黄)
- Purple (むらさき／紫)
Cards will attack when puyos of the same color are popped in a chain. Card colors also exhibit Color Effect (属性相性) between them when attacking and being attacked, causing the damage taken to increase or reduce. The effect is summarized in the table on the right, together with the in-game reference chart.
Certain cards also have a Side Color (ふくぞくせい／副属性). These cards will also attack when puyos of the side color are popped in a chain but at only 1/3 Attack. The side color does not affect the Color Effect over damage taken.
The Type (タイプ) of a card indicates the focus of its stat distribution. There are four possible types:
- Balance Type (バランスタイプ) - balanced proportions between HP, Attack and Recovery
- HP Type (たいりょくタイプ) - higher HP, lower Attack and Recovery by proportion
- Attack Type (こうげきタイプ) - higher Attack, lower HP and Recovery by proportion
- Recover Type (かいふくタイプ) - higher Recovery, lower HP and Attack by proportion
The Attack Mode (攻撃方法) describes how the card normally attacks. There are two possible attack modes:
- Single Attack (単体攻撃) - normally attacks only one enemy
- Mass Attack (全体攻撃) - normally attacks all enemies at once; Mass Attack cards usually has a comparatively lower Attack stat to balance the effect
Each card has three stats (ステータス／能力値) measuring their power:
- HP (たいりょく／体力) - amount of damage that the card can take before being knocked out
- Attack (たいりょく／体力) - base attack power
- Recovery (たいりょく／体力) - base recovery power
See PPQ:Puzzle Gameplay#Chaining Power for detailed calculations for attack power and recovery power in quests and battles.
Plus Bonus (プラスボーナス) grants additional points in each stat over its normal growth curve:
- HP +1 grants 10 additional points in HP
- Attack +1 grants 5 additional points in Attack
- Recovery +1 grants 10 additional points in Recovery
Each card can gather at most +100 in each of the stats, totalling to +300.