The Card (カード) is the main collectible in Puyo Puyo!! Quest.
Cards can be distinguished into two classes (unofficial collective term):
- Character (キャラクター) - cards representing playable characters to be used in decks
- Material (素材) - cards representing items used to power-up cards via Power-up Fusion or Transformation Fusion
- Material cards are usually not intended to be used in decks; most are completely unable to be used in decks either by having its cost set as 999 or by other in-game restrictions, with the only exception of Material Puyos.
On the card details pages in this wiki, only Material cards are explicitly specified. All other cards can be assumed to be Character cards.
Despite the name, the rarity (レアリティ) of a card is more fitting representing the "stage of transformation", instead of the difficulty to obtain it. The rarity of a card can be identified by the card frame, and the card back as it is dropped in quests or obtained in gacha.
The Color (ぞくせい／属性, lit. "attribute") of a card determines what color chains the card can attack with. There are five total colors, corresponding with the five colors of Puyos:
- Red (あか／赤)
- Blue (あお／青)
- Green (みどり／緑)
- Yellow (きいろ／黄)
- Purple (むらさき／紫)
Cards will attack when puyos of the same color are popped in a chain. Card colors also exhibit Color Effect (属性相性) between them when attacking and being attacked, causing the damage taken to increase or reduce. The effect is summarized in the table on the right, together with the in-game reference chart.
Certain cards also have a Side Color (ふくぞくせい／副属性). These cards will also attack when puyos of the side color are popped in a chain but at only 1/3 Attack. The side color does not affect the Color Effect over damage taken.
The Type (タイプ) of a card indicates the focus of its stat distribution. There are four possible types:
- Balance Type (バランスタイプ) - balanced proportions between HP, Attack and Recovery
- HP Type (たいりょくタイプ) - higher HP, lower Attack and Recovery by proportion
- Attack Type (こうげきタイプ) - higher Attack, lower HP and Recovery by proportion
- Recover Type (かいふくタイプ) - higher Recovery, lower HP and Attack by proportion
The Attack Mode (攻撃方法) describes how the card normally attacks. There are two possible attack modes:
- Single Attack (単体攻撃) - normally attacks only one enemy
- Mass Attack (全体攻撃) - normally attacks all enemies at once; Mass Attack cards usually has a comparatively lower Attack stat to balance the effect