From Puyo Nexus Wiki
This page is a collection of .gif images that display animations from the various Puyo Puyo titles. WARNING: Due to possessing .gif animations, this may take some time to load on weaker computers.
- Spell animations are the magic attacks used during the chaining process.
- In older titles, these directly correlate to the chains.
- In modern titles, these come at the end of the chain.
- Damage animations are used when the character is hurt. They do not play if the incoming garbage is less than one line (0 to 5 Nuisance). In most games, one line causes the minor animation to play, and 3 lines cause the major animation to play.
- In SUN, the major damage animation only plays when 6 lines, a full set of garbage, are dropped at once.
- In Yo~n, Tetris and Tetris 2, there is only a single damage animation.
- One for winning, and one for losing.
- Special: Used for categories that don't fit anywhere else. This includes...
- Yo~n super attacks.
- Entering Fever mode.
- Transforming, and Transformation chains.
- Chronicle and Tetris 2 active skills.
- Neutral is used when both players are in an even position.
- Advantage is used when the opponent is in disadvantaged, or in Fever mode.
- Disadvantage is used when you have limited space left in your field, or in some games if the upcoming garbage will fill the board that high.
- Victory and Defeat are used in older games at the same time as their respective animations.
- Attack is used in the DS titles while sending garbage to the opponent.
- Defend is used while countering the opponent.
Puyo Puyo (1992)
Puyo Puyo 2
Puyo Puyo SUN
Puyo Pop Fever
Puyo Puyo Fever 2
Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary
Puyo Puyo 7
Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary